Saturday, November 7, 2009

November?

Holy mackerel, is it already the middle of November. Yes, there's a touch of frost in the morning, but long sleeve t-shirt by the middle of the day. The leaves are halfway done, but there are some maples left with leaves running the whole spectrum from green to yellow to brilliant red. Strange though, the dogwoods are the first leaves to change (to deep dark red), and the last leaves to fall. so cool.

And they had to try and ruin the fall with the blasted daylight savings time. Those of you that don't mess with that folly are lucky. We were stationed in Hawaii in the late 80s and they don't mess with it. We were also stationed in Seattle (they did DST), but it's so far north that the winter days are short enough that it really didn't matter. Maybe someday we'll get away from that Nixon-era folly.

Had a full moon last week. I'm always amazed just how bright it can be, I can almost read a book. Living out in the country now, I really see the difference between full and no moon nights. Love it.

And all the stores have Christmas stuff in already, some had it before Halloween. Hoping to jumpstart the economy, I guess.

Things could be a lot worse.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas starts in July these days. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the moon seems brighter these days than when I was a kid. Weird.

    ReplyDelete